EndSARS: No going back on Oct 20 protest, Sowore insists

Human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore, has said there is no going back on the planned protest to mark the memories of massacred victims of EndSARS protest on October 20, last year.

The activist said he was not deterred by the threat by the Nigerian government and the police.

FirstNews had reported that some youths were allegedly killed after men of the Nigerian Army opened fire on peaceful #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos.

To mark a year remembrance of the incident, some youths had been orchestrating the need to hold a fresh EndSARS protest.

But the police warned that they would not tolerate any protest that would cause crisis in the country.

Reacting, Sowore on Twitter, warned the police against suppressing the will of Nigerians to “repudiate the mass atrocities of the Muhammadu Buhari-led government”.

He tweeted, “To ‪@PoliceNG in Lagos & across Nigeria, there will be ‪#EndSARS memorial protests and direct actions on October 20, 2021.

“Nobody can suppress the will of Nigerians to repudiate the mass atrocities of the @mbuhari regime on that day and beyond. ‪#Revolutionnow ‪#EndSARS ‪#BuhariMustGo.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.