Emir of Zazzau, Ambassador Ahmad Nuhu Bamalli, on Monday, raised the alarm that the emirate is under siege.
Bamali said Zaria residents had been having sleepless nights following rising incidence of abductions occurring within Zaria and its environs.
He said that the situation was unacceptable, urging government to act immediately to put an end to this.
The emir spoke when he received a delegation of Security Heads led by the State Commissioner of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, visited him in his palace.
The monarch lamented that inspite of the location of several security formations and military training schools within his domain, the people of Zaria had continued to feel insecure due to the frequent occurrence of criminal activities in the area.
The Commissioner, Aruwan, told the Emir that the delegation was in the palace for confidence-building and to commiserate with the emirate over the unfortunate incident at Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic and neighbouring communities.
Aruwan assured that the state government was doing everything possible to protect the emirate and state in general.
