President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and suspended three Permanent Secretaries after the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, uncovered another alleged fake government office within the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, OSGF.
ICPC Chairman, Dr Musa Adamu Aliyu, SAN, disclosed this on Friday, August 21, 2026, after briefing Tinubu at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Aliyu said investigators uncovered the National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office during a probe into the alleged Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council, PFIPC.
He said the office had been allocated space within the OSGF complex without presidential authorisation, while Nwabueze was identified as its alleged promoter. Investigators also found suspected collaborators within the OSGF.
Tinubu subsequently ordered Nwabueze’s arrest and suspended M.S. Danjuma, Engr. Nadungu Gagare and Richard P. Pheelangwah, the three Permanent Secretaries named in the investigation.
READ ALSO: Fake Agency Allegation: Reps Begin Investigation Into PFIPC Controversy
Aliyu said the ICPC was engaging the OSGF to determine how the office secured space within the government complex and identify those involved.
The development follows the commission’s wider investigation into the alleged PFIPC. On August 6, 2026, the ICPC told Tinubu that its preliminary findings indicated that alleged promoter Adeniyi Adeyemi was not appointed by the Federal Government and that documents supporting the council’s purported existence were forged.
The commission also uncovered two other alleged fictitious bodies, the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.
Tinubu had on July 21, 2026, directed the ICPC to investigate alleged forgery of government documents, claims of presidential appointments and other activities linked to the purported council.
The widening probe is now focused on how unauthorised entities allegedly gained access to government facilities and operated within official structures.
The ICPC said investigations are ongoing, while the allegations against Nwabueze and the suspended officials remain subject to due process.
